I like to think of myself as a perpetual thinking machine, constantly thinking about projects and ways to improve how to do things. I try to apply the principles of usability in everything, UI, code, processes, etc.
The principle of good enough has been my guide for most of my life. Nothing will ever be perfect so I prefer to get the most value as fast as possible and iterate afterward. I am strongly against over-engineering and thinking too far ahead, I prefer to stay flexible.
I'm an avid learner and I try to follow the latest trends in software design, front-end development and other software related topics. I keep myself up-to-date by reading a multitude of blogs from the industry leaders as well as participating in a few communities such as StackOverflow.com, NothingToInstall.com (not up yet) and the programming and web_design subreddits. I also enjoy helping others learn and get better either via blogging (mbillard.com and crossbrowser.net) or through my engagement in the aforementioned software communities.
In my free time, I like reading, watching movies, playing video games, having dinner with friends, etc. I also enjoy kayaking and other outdoor activities, although I don't do it as much as I'd want to.
Top Network Posts
- 492What is the difference between Public, Private, Protected, and Nothing?
- 133Use TortoiseSVN to merge branch changes with the trunk
- 130How to find controls in a repeater header or footer
- 115Make Div Width Equal To Child Contents
- 108How should duplicate questions be handled?
- 93How to find controls in a repeater header or footer
- 87Comparing two collections for equality irrespective of the order of items in them
- View more network posts →